At last Samsung galaxy note got Cyanogenmod 9 Custom ROM based on Google’s latest Android operating System Ice cream sandwich .In this post we will show you how you can install this ROM on your Samsung galaxy note . Please note that this ROM is still in development stage so there may be some bugs .
- You must know that this procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings (but it will NOT touch your SD cards, so don’t worry about those). Backup your Apps and important data — bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc
- Make sure you have Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) installed on the phone.
- Make sure that your mobile has a charge of at least 60%, I would recommend you charge at least 90% to be safe .
How to Install CM9 on Galaxy Note
- You have to Download the latest version of the CM9 ROM from the original development page. Linking to original thread because developer may update the ROM .
- You have to Download the Google Apps package because apps like Market, Gmail, etc. are not present in the ROM by default . Download Link .
- Now Move the zip file you have downloaded to the root of the sdcard on your phone.
- Turn off your phone, then boot into Clockworkmod recovery (CWM). To boot into Clockworkmod recovery press Volume Up and Home button together and then hold the Power button until it displays you with a message .In recovery, use the Volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select.
- You have to Perform a wipe for that Do the following steps :
- From the main menu, select ” wipe data/factory reset ” and then select “yes” . NOTE: This will delete your all personal data will be deleted from device . (not from sd card )
- From the Menu select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Select the ROM file you have downloaded on the sdcard . Select “Yes” on next screen to confirm installation. The ROM will now start installing .
- After installation is complete, go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now, repeat step 6 to install Google Apps package , this time select the gapps-ics-20120422-signed.zip file. Select Yes on next screen to confirm installation of the Google apps package.
- After the installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot your Samsung galaxy note Please note that first boot will take some time so please be patient .
Now you have Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 based CM9 installed on your Samsung Galaxy Note .
For queries, check out the official thread over on XDA-Developers.