The wait is over now , official clockworkmode (CWM ) Recovery for the HTC’s latest smartphone HTC One X is now here . Clockworkmod recovery will let you install custom ROM on your devices and allows you hack your device to increase performance of the Device . There was an unofficial version of CWM available for HTC One X which was being used to install custom ROM’s On HTC One X .
DISCLAIMER: gadgets tip will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the following of this guide. Proceed at your own risk.
Pre-Installation Requirements to install CWM on HTC One X
- You need to have HTC One X with unlocked bootloader . to unlock bootloader on HTC One X go to official HTC Dev website → here.
- You have to Enable USB Debugging on your tablet. To do this you have to go to development option in your application setting
- Make sure that your smartphone has a charge of at least 60%, I would recommend you charge at least 90% to be safe .
Steps to install
- Make sure you have ADB installed on your computer .
- You need to Download the fastboot.zip on your computer first .Then, extract the zip file and you will get the fastboot folder.
- Now after that download the recovery-clockwork-touch-22.214.171.124-endeavouru.img file on your computer.
- Move the recovery-clockwork-touch-126.96.36.199-endeavouru.img file to the fastboot folder . Now you will have 5 files in the fastboot folder . Like this in the screenshot below :
- Now you have to go in fastboot mode , To Go to fastboot mode Turn off your HTC One X , Now Press and hold the Volume down + Power button . Then select fastboot mode from there using the volume buttons to navigate and power button to select .
- Connect the Your HTC One X to your Computer.
- Go to command prompt : Start> Accessories> command prompt. and navigate to where you extracted fastboot with “cd” . In my case it is c drive .
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-188.8.131.52-endeavouru.img
Once installations is complete , type fastboot reboot on command prompt to reboot your HTC ONE X . You’ve flashed the recovery on your HTC One X , and now you install custom ROMs on you device.
source : xda